Welcome to Across Madrid Cultural Tours!Come with us on a journey through the rich history and artistic legacy that is to be found in the architecture, museums and galleries across the city of Madrid. The unique concept of Across Madrid was developed by art historian Almudena Cros, who has designed each walk with the exclusive input from specialists in different fields to give you an insider experience of the highest quality. Expect to connect with new ideas, fresh themes, the latest interpretations, and depth of insight. Alongside this we will ensure you have a flexible and fun experience, enriched by the latest insiders' tips and practical information.
Across Madrid’s thirteen different itineraries cover more than five centuries of Madrid’s history. We take you back to its origins and into its rich and complex present. Detail and perspective are brought together for a better understanding of the city. Each walk or Master Class can be customized to your needs and interests, depending on the size of the group.
Our walks include:At Across Madrid, we deliver a unique experience, unlike any other tour you might have taken. You’ll be able to converse with our qualified specialists during your exploration of the city, and so enrich your understanding of a wide range of cultural expressions and traditions in Madrid. We offer superb service, top-quality teaching and powerful, engaging insights.
- Introduction to the city: Madrid Briefing
- 4 Museum-based walks, including a Master Class at the National Archaeological Museum and at the Prado Museum
- 2 History-based walks, including the Spanish Civil War
- 4 Family activities: an interactive city-centre walk, the Prado for Children, Archaeology for Children and Toledo for Children
- 1 Food walk: Madrid's Tapas Culture
- A half-day Toledo tour: Medieval Toledo, which can be customized to be exclusively Jewish Toledo
- Onward journeys: we advise, design and prepare themed or general trips from Madrid to other Spanish cities and regions.
You can book your walk in English, Spanish or Italian. We believe education should be affordable, so we offer special rates for students, senior citizens and families with more than 2 children. Please note that VAT tax and admission tickets to all museums (with the exception of the Prado), are included in the price.